I saw the story of Luis Rodriguez going around with the gory image of his dead body and thought his family likely wouldn’t appreciate his likeness posted around after what has been a truly horrific moment in their lives. So, here are the same informative tweets without the images.
May he rest in peace and may his family have justice.
But when the Kaidanovsky’s finally decide to get out of the way of the plasma canon that threatens to blow up half the shatterdome, she’s the second to start moving along the catwalk, and her body language oozes derision for the bullshit she’s being subjected to, like she’s doing the plasma fist a fucking favor by not just staring it down until it breaks down and cries.
For all those people saying they want to live in the 50’s. Well here you go
The strength of the Ferguson community in the face of the war zone the police have created is truly a thing of beauty.
Notice something in common in these photos?
It’s not what you think
I gave it away in the third pic
That’s right! None of these cops are wearing badges or name tags! I wonder why… seems like it’d be important to wear those, since it’s even illegal not to in other states…
This is actually illegal in all states. A police officer must be marked as such with name and badge at all times unless their jurisdiction states otherwise (such as an undercover officer), and even when not wearing a badge, the officer must have the badge accessible at all times and must show the badge in order to make an arrest. Name tags are not required as long as a badge is available because the badge has the officer number on it.
No words. She was also with Talib who was told by police to keep his hands up or they’ll blow his brains out. And some resident protestors are exhausted with everything and saying that street medics told them they’re experiencing a subcategory of PTSD.
♡ C O L L E G E tips and resources M A S T E R P O S T ♡
by akira endtable
♡ ♡ ♡
Many feel a justified anxiety over the prospect of the inevitable feat of aging and having to take on daunting adult responsibilities despite still feeling like an overgrown child. Even if you feel ready to be independent, it doesn’t hurt to have a little help along the way.
I’ve been seeking out tips to help give myself and others a better sense of readiness in the upcoming years. This masterpost is used to organize this information into a concise, easy to navigate list and share what I’ve found with anyone who wants to utilize it.
♡ ♡ ♡
♡ General College Tips ♡
- Things I Wish I Told Myself Before Going to College
- A Student’s Guide to College
- Year 12 Guide (And beyond!)
- Student Survival Guide
- The “Secret” to Doing Well in School
♡ "Adult" Things ♡
- How to Balance a Checkbook
- How to: Become an Adult Masterpost
- Cover Letters, Resumes, and Job Help
- Be a Good Person and Get Your Student Loans Paid Off
- Discounts your Student ID can get you
♡ Books for Cheap ♡
♡ Study Tips ♡
- How to Make a Study Schedule
- Finals Survival Guide
- Five Creative Ways to Take Notes
- How to Overcome Math
- How to Overcome English
- Organizing Notes
- Focus While Studying
- Reading a Textbook
- Things NOT To Do When Studying
- Top Ten Study Tips
- Study Help Masterpost
♡ Writing Help ♡
- How to Write Kickass Essays in 1/2 the Time
- Inflated/Concise wording
- BeeLine Reader
- Avoid Saying Very
- Word Definition Sites
- Ultimate Guide to Writing (academic writing help towards bottom)
♡ Apps and Tech ♡
- Productivity apps
- More Apps
- Best Apps for Students
- Keep your Laptop in Tip Top Shape
- Free Online Courses
♡ Safety ♡
♡ Dorm Life ♡
- Laundry Help
- Fabric Care Language
- How many times can I wear this between washes?
- Pack for College
- Dorm Stuff for Cheap
- Cutesy Dorm Stuff
♡ De-Stressers and Health ♡
- Sun Salutations (yoga poses)
- Self-esteem boosters
- Fitness Masterpost
- Workout Videos (check out this blog for more healthy living)
- How Long to Nap
- 8 Unconventional Ways to Destress
- Relieve Menstrual Cramps
- Pictorial on condoms
- Productivity Help
- Bad Day Remedies
- Contraceptives Masterposts
♡ College Help Masterposts ♡
- College Help Masterpost
- Back-to-School Masterpost
- College Survival Guide
- Hack College
- School Survival Masterpost
- How to Survive in College
♡ Helpful Blogs ♡
- College Blog Masterpost
- Fresh. Fit. Focused
- WhatReference (An extremely well organized ref blog)
♡ Other Assorted Masterposts with Helpful Links ♡
♡ Playlist to Study To ♡
♡ ♡ ♡
Don’t forget to utilize campus resources as well! Good luck!
[Image: a series of tweets by justified agitator (@Awkward_Duck) on August 19, 2014.
1:23 AM: We literally laid in someone’s backyard for what seemed like an eternity while tanks rolled down the streets #Ferguson
1:26 AM: I’m live tweeting because there’s a media blackout. #Ferguson
1:33 AM: I’m so shaken. They’re literally just rolling around throwing tear gas into neighborhoods-not aggressive crowds. #Ferguson
1:34 AM: I was pouring milk over one guys eyes when they came back around and threw another at us. #Ferguson
1:51 AM: Let me repeat, THEY ARE GASSING NEIGHBORHOODS not crowds of protestors.There was only a few of us walking. there is no curfew, so why?]
Tonight in Ferguson, Mo. Even CNN is calling out police brutality.
We are watching history unfold. Do not stand down. Spread the word.
No justice, no peace.
At a deposition, Ferguson’s former police chief revealed that his staff did not keep records of incidents in which officers used force against citizens, so long as no one died; in other words, there was no way of telling how often incidents like Davis’ happened.
remember shit like this when they talk about how mike brown’s shooter had no disciplinary record
Nicki Minaj - Anaconda
We can’t jump off bridges anymore because our iPhones will get ruined. We can’t take skinny dips in the ocean, because there’s no service on the beach and adventures aren’t real unless they’re on Instagram. Technology has doomed the spontaneity of adventure and we’re helping destroy it every time we Google, check-in, and hashtag.
Jeremy Glass, We Can’t Get Lost Anymore (via blackbruise)
this is why I don’t have a fucking cell phone
this is stupid as fuck like with cell phones u have access to pretty much all of the information in the world at your fingertips and you can communicate with millions of people and ur complaining that u cant jump off some rusty ass bridge or swim in the ocean with ur dick flopping about freely????? why are u jumping off bridges in the first place ur gonna get urself killed and ur gonna get some nasty ass infection from having ur crotch wide open in the ocean do u have any idea how much bacteria is in ocean water this is the dumbest thing i have ever seen yall are so pretentious smh
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her.
spaceparty said: Your coverage of Ferguson has been so useful and great and I just want to thank you for spending the time to compile all the tweets and information that you've shared because it's been a wonderful and much appreciated resource.
I really appreciate you saying that. I’m exhausted.
In case you haven’t already seen it come through your dashboard, iwriteaboutfeminism is doing a fine job of rounding up on-the-ground coverage of the events in Ferguson.
Pair this with links from the venerable shortformblog, fantastic as usual.
Thanks. I’m just a guy who posts links. — Ernie @ SFB
h ny god the tumblr staff posted something useful
Page 1 of 5957